• Increased use of alcohol or drugs
• Withdrawing from activities
• Isolating from family and friends
• Sleeping too much or too little
• Giving away prized possessions
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Displaying depression, anxiety, irritability, shame or anger
• Displaying relief or sudden improvement in mood
• Talking about feelings of hopelessness, being a burden to others or having no reason to live
Source: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.