The Denver Center for the Performing Arts is seeking project proposals for new theatrical experiences as part of its Powered By Off-Center program.
Powered By Off-Center began as an artist residency program, and has now become a new opportunity for Colorado-based artists to develop and produce a full production.
One project will be selected to receive a fully-supported world premiere production in June 2021.
Colorado artists of all disciplines are invited to submit a proposal. Off-Center is open to a range of different art forms and artistic experiences, but an eligible project must:
• Be theatrical at its core — containing a narrative thread, but not necessarily linear or verbal.
• Culminate in a live performance.
• Put the audience at the center of the story.
• Be created and produced in three months within a $10,000 production budget.
• Run at least one month and accommodate at least 1,000 audience members total.
• Be COVID-safe — either outdoors and socially distant with the possibility of masks required, online/virtual or a hybrid of both.
Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. Jan. 17.
To learn more about the Powered by Off-Center program or for more details on submitting a project proposal, visit www.denvercenter.org/about-us/off-center.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.